Pickering, Corts & Summerson, Inc., an award winning, multi-disciplinary engineering/design firm has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic self-starter to join our company as an experienced CADD Technician / Drafter in our Camp Hill, PA office. The position would entail preparation of basic engineering and/or surveying drawings and base maps used in civil engineering projects that may include highway, bridge, utility, right-of-way, boundary, topography, and site development components.
As a member of our CADD group, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Correlate, interpret, and perform calculations from data obtained from topographical surveys and site reports.
- Draft plans and detailed drawings for structures, construction projects and engineering studies or reports in areas such as highways, bridges, and site developments from engineer’s sketches and direction.
- Draw maps, diagrams, and profiles, using cross-sections and surveys, to represent elevations, topographical contours, subsurface formations and structures.
- Finish and duplicate drawings and documentation packages, according to required mediums and specifications for reproduction, using scanning, printing, or other duplicating methods.
- Evaluate field surveys, inspection information or technical investigations to obtain data required to develop construction drawings.
- Coordinate with the engineer in determining the order of work and method of presentation for drawings.
- Explain drawings to production or construction teams and provide adjustments as necessary.
- Experience with MicroStation – Connect Edition and/or V8i (preferred) AutoCAD experience considered
- Experience with OpenRoads Designer and/or InRoads
- High School Diploma. Technical school, college level drafting courses, or equivalent work experience a plus
- 5-15 years of prior drafting experience
- Ability to work in a team environment to reach mutual goals
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Basic computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft WORD and EXCEL
Qualified candidates should forward their resumes, including salary requirements.