Want to know more about the people that work at Pickering, Corts & Summerson? This is our PCS Get to Know series, where we’ll be interviewing some of the many people that work here.
Jenna Herbst, P.E. is a Project Engineer. Jenna has over 14 years’ experience in structural engineering involving bridge replacements and rehabilitations, as well as NBIS bridge inspection experience. She also serves as a Load Rating Engineer for bridge inspection projects in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Jenna graduated from the University of Delaware with a B.S. in Civil Engineering.
- Where do you live? I am very close to the office, in Langhorne, and I have a wonderful 2-mile commute.
- Favorite part of your job? PCS is a smaller company so I get to do different types of tasks each day, but more than that it feels like a family. I have been at PCS for 13 years, and I love working with all of my co-workers, most of whom have been with PCS for much longer than that.
- Do you have any pets or a pet from childhood? I have a dog named Seamus, who is by far our most well behaved child. He loves cuddling and belly rubs and he dreams to someday catch that squirrel.
- Tell us about your family? My husband and I have two children. Our daughter is six, and our son is 4. I also have a large extended family that I love spending time with whenever we can get together.
- What are your favorite hobbies outside of work? I love spending time with my family, being outdoors, and playing games. I also enjoy watching football and soccer and losing at fantasy football despite countless hours of research. I also take every chance I get to travel. We love to visit family in upstate NY, Montana and California, but our favorite place to vacation is Surfside Beach, South Carolina, where we often have large vacations with family coming in from all over.