Want to know more about the people that work at Pickering, Corts & Summerson? This is our PCS Get to Know series, where we’ll be interviewing some of the many people that work here.
Ted Tuz, P.E. is a Project Manager. Ted has inspected over 5,000 structures for PennDOT and NJDOT, and has over 25 years’ experience in structural engineering. He manages the biennial NBIS Inspections of over 400 state-owned bridges in the city of Philadelphia. Ted graduated from the Georgia State Institute of Technology with a B.S. in Civil Engineering.
- Where do you live? Chalfont, PA.
- Favorite part of your job? Training junior staff on the various aspects of bridge inspection and all the various components required to complete an inspection. I also enjoy getting out in the field on a nice day, and being involved with unscheduled/emergency inspections
- Where is your favorite vacation spot? Cape Cod to enjoy the beaches, striper fishing, and relaxing with my family.
- Tell us about your family? A very supportive and understanding wife and 2 boys – soon to be 17-year-old going into senior year of high school and 13-year-old going into 8th grade
- What are your favorite hobbies outside of work? Any projects that require getting my hands dirty and being outdoors, as well as various house projects. And I also love helping my oldest son pursue his goal of playing college baseball.